Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know where i can get a black mesh type grill that is some what rigid?

i would like to use a 4 black round post ( one in each corner) then have the black grill mesh protect the driver. maybe have the grill 2 inches off the baffel...

i have seen some grills on DIY stuff and they look pretty ugly. i'd like this to have some kind of WAF but also I am worried someone will kick the driver or dog tail..... or a kid...

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
You could always make a grille with cloth such as Klipsch heritage designs. I could give you a list of different people that cut metal for pro audio grilles but you could also go to a local screen place or screen door facility and buy the material also.

I am using a material called amplimesh for my next speaker grille. It is very sturdy. It is used in screen doors to provide security and allow the wind to come through. The material did not flex over a 36" gap by 80". Thats why I liked it. The material was cheaper than me buying from a custom grille maker.

That being said I did have to cut the material and learn to bend the material which is not very easy. But having four children myself I have to have grilles for all speakers.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Yes they are one of the ones I would have suggested. Just make sure whatever you get is sturdy enough from being pushed in easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts