Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been trying to figure out what to use for a grill to protect the driver (15") in the sub I'm about to build. I saw some heavy woven metal grill at Chipotle (restaurant) that I thought would look cool for a grill. I was thinking of sandwiching the grill between two shaped MDF disks. I got that idea from some cloth covered grills that Mike P. made. I would prefer the beautiful driver to be visible though. I do need some protection from wayward pokes, so naked driver is not an option, but I don't want much material to resist driver movement. After looking around a bit, I found this grill, which meets the bill:

Bicycle front and rear rack Automotive exterior Bicycle accessory

Except that it is only 12". It gave me the idea to make one from metal rod though. I'm thinking of getting some 3/16" steel rod and bending it into shapes similar to the ones in the picture, and sticking the ends into holes drilled around the plywood around the driver. Has anyone done or seen anything similar, or have any advice for me?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.