Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First DLC for Bungie's latest sci-fi FPS confirmed for November 30 launch; will cost 800 points, contain three new maps.

Halo: Reach made $200 million for Microsoft in its first 24 hours on sale and much more since then, and the money doesn't look like it's going to stop rolling in any time soon. Microsoft today confirmed that the first premium DLC for the critically acclaimed first-person shooter would arrive on November 30, and would cost 800 Microsoft points (£6.85, $10).

Breakpoint in all its snowy glory.

The Noble Map Pack will contain three new maps and give gamers the opportunity to add a further 250 points to their gamerscore. The three new maps are Tempest, an eight to 16 player map featuring an abandoned shoreline fortress; Anchor 9, a two to eight player orbital dockyard ship repair facility; and Breakpoint, an eight to 16 player map consisting of an archaeological dig set atop an icy precipice.

Halo: Reach was patched last week to address a number of bugs and tweak some multiplayer gameplay options. A second patch is expected next Tuesday that will introduce matchmaking to the single-player campaign, allowing players to pick up players over Xbox Live to join in their local games.

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hmmm, if the game had shipped with an extra 3 multiplayer maps to begin with, would it have justified an extra $10 on the price. I'm pretty sure not. I wont be bothering with this, especially considering the massive amount of cash its already made. I'm also fairly sure that given the amount of time its taking to release these maps, these were probably ready on release and just held back.

Ive never paid for extra Halo maps, and I wont be starting now!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts