Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the best way to hang a wooden frame onto a DIY painted drywall? :scratchhead:

I've already bought 3+m of black velvet (possibly not the best as it is a little bit strachable but it should do). As for frame I'm thinking about using 3" - 4" poplar or maybe mdf. (wrapped in black velvet). I might go for a butt joint assembly.

I was thinking about using 'french cleat' technique, but that would require 2 wood layers, which I want to avoid. :dontknow:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys,

I think I'd rather go with a removable solution, just in case if my little ones use some crayons and I will have to repaint the screen or something :bigsmile:

On avs forums one of the guys suggested to use 'hangman' hardware to hang it.

http://www.hangmanproducts.com/hangman-instructions.html

My only concern is the gap between the frame and wall, I just want to avoid any light leakage coming out of it. Perhaps there is nothing to worry about :blink: :scratchhead:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When using the pre-made metal hangers I don't think the frame would be very far away from the wall. Even if light does make it's way through the gap, I would think that something as simple as applying some door or window sealant tape (thin foam rubber tape with adhesive on one side) would fix that.
Thanks Don :bigsmile:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your ideas... I might just nail the sucker to the wall !!! :bigsmile:

As for Velcro, more likely I will use it for the masking... :T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts