Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: Hanna - Blu-Ray Review

I just watched this beautiful film over the weekend (disclaimer: I vote on some of the awards and the studio sent me a screener, and I had no prior knowledge of this film). It was a surprise from scene 1 to the end. Saorise Ronin makes it hard to take your eyes off her, she plays vulnerable girl and tireless fighter at once. The trans-european thriller was very nicely shot, the sound was great (though some of the FX seemed panned a bit hard L/R) and the Chemical Brothers music tied it all together. A very satisfying film!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts

Dave, thanks for the review. I prefer to rent movies, and after doing so, decided to buy this one. :T

·
Registered
50 Posts

This is a very good movie. There are some good action scenes as well as a decent somewhat original story. This movie is definitely worth watching and I would consider it a 7.5/10

·
Registered
910 Posts

Good review Dave. I rented this one and really enjoyed it. I will buy it to add the the collection.

·
Registered
34 Posts

I had to search for a review of Hanna. I agree; I thought it was awesome too.

I just watched the DVD version but frankly forgot that it was DVD most of the time.. The audio and video are that well produced.

I especially like all of the contrasts... *spoiler alert* being in a totally natural wilderness setting in the beginning, with natural soft serene soundscapes, and then slammed into a cold mechanical prison with blasting electronic music sizzling through the 5.1 channels.... this happens in many ways over and over throughout the film.

awesome stuff

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I really enjoyed this movie and found the story was written well. As soon as the price comes down a bit this will be added to my BD collection.

·
Registered
146 Posts

Thanks for the review. I and my Wife gave it a watch and I for one was surprised! I loved it. I wonder though how many younger folks that did not have any first hand experience with the 60s and what was going on will get it?

·
Registered
74 Posts

Great movie, nice review, thanks!

·
Registered
432 Posts

I saw just a portion of this movie on cable the other day and it looked better than I had anticipated, so that and this review makes me want to check it out. On top of that, Saoirse Ronan is quickly becoming a very good actress.

Thanks for the review.

·
Registered
12 Posts

I admit I don't keep up with movies so much anymore and never go to see them in theatre. never even heard of this movie, but will search it out after reading this. thanks for your thoughts :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
very good movie, entertaining , great story-line. I saw this in theaters a few years ago and was blown away by it so good for a pg-13 movie. I would rate it 82/100.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts