Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone, and greetings from Charlotte, NC.

I am looking forward to learning a great deal from this forum. In particular, I have built a home recording studio with a live room and control room, which I have been using for tracking and mixing of some very talented Carolina bands and solo musicians, for over two years now. I do on-location recordings as well which is loads of fun.

As my tracking and mixing skills have continued to improve, I have reached a point where the production task seems like it is becoming more and more difficult. In particular, my control room needs a healthy dose of treatment TLC, as my mixes don't translate well despite my wasting of mucho cash on equipment.

Since I am a working electronics engineer, I get the math, and am comfortable around test equipment, computers, and software. As a long-time audiophile, I am pretty picky about sound quality.

I don't like what I am (not) hearing correctly in my control room, and have started building stuff.

I will post better information on my issues soon, but just wanted to say hello to everyone on my first post!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Shack,

Enjoy your stay with us :)

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. The sound absorbing panels I added to my HT room some time ago made a significant improvement to the sound. With your background, you shouldn't have much trouble getting it right. Have fun. Dennis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts