Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One year ago, purchased a QSC RMX 2450 pro amp. I used a RCA TO QUARTER INCH JACK with lack of full power. Then after reading a few threads on this site, decided to get an ART Clean box. Currently I have been thinking about upgrading this device. Was thinking if a mixing board would work if it had the 48volt phantom power for mics. or possibly something rack mountable that could be used for more than one channel if I did not want to daisy-chain everything together. This device needs to hit all the low stuff and be reletively flat frequency response . I know alot of people use the behringer products, but was wondering if they are much better than the cleanbox? I would appreciate any light anyone could send to my dark corner.[I have looked around different websites such as Aphex, Radial, and Henry Engineering/does anyone have any experience with these company products?I]

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read the article on that, but have not dove into that one yet. There is a few manufactures that make the identical looking contraption like Whirlwind, Rolls and one more that I cannot remember the brand. I am not sure if the specs are any different. What I am really looking for is a rackmountable unit with lLED level meters so I can mount my amps in a closet so I donot hear any cooling fan noise, but am able to monitor my levels so My amps donot clip.

·
Registered
48 Posts
G,da y WACUL (Way Cool), greetings from West Aust. You may want to consider the Berhringer MIC 2200 for your anticipated applicatians. Two discrete inputs, full line level conversion, converts unbalanced to balanced signals, high pass filters , fully adjustable parametric eq. per channel. No, I am not an shill for BER. This is a product that works well for me. Of course, it is rack mountable, and has way cool vaccuum tubes as part of its design and function. In my opionion, this outdoes the "cleanbox", no modifications needed. Of course, YMMV. Cheers, Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts