Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This annoying thing started happening a while back, and I don't recall what changes to my system was made that could be the culprit, but the situation is:

Regardless of what sound I generate from REW (meassure, calibrate, generator) it will only work once! Next time I try nothing happens. Restart the application and it works again... ONCE.

I'm on Vista x64 with a RME Fireface 400 soundcard.

Help!?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Please look in the log files which are in a directory called REW in your home directory to see if any errors are recorded there. Is REW set up to use the default soundcard or is the Fireface selected as the input/output device?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No errors printed in the log files.

And I've set the Fireface as default input/output device, so that's what I've selected in REW. I've also tried selecting the Fireface specifically, but it makes no difference.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I have the same issue with Vista X64 and my external MP3 soundblaster card. To reset the generator I start a measurement then hit cancel and the generator works again. It's faster than restarting the app and you don't need to save/reload measurements.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm! Seems its not a Fireface driver problem as I first suspected then - a fix for this would really be welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts