Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Now the next question is how can my iphone push what is necessary to drive the sub amp but the AVR doesn't?
Your iphone or Ipod or other is only there to push the amplifier to make sure it works properly. So it shouldnt be as loud as your AVR to amp. BUT as long as it works then we can say the amp should be fine.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
After messing around with things I think it might have been more of the connection from phone to the avr.

I do get some bass it playing CDs. Just looking for a little more thump.

For a first time build might not have been to smart about it. Overall can't complain to much though.

Looking up specs on d2 can't seem to find for d4 and do not have. It shows a recommended ported volume of 5cu ft. I think at 25hz. I built roughly 11. If I was to place more mdf inside cabinet to consume around 6 cu ft would that help my situation for gettin a little tighter bass and at a presumably higher spl? My mains just really out do them.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Second post of the day. Just got home and assuming these subs may not be fully broken in, I am going to help them out. I can leave it playing when I leave in the morning and someone will surly turn it off.
Anyhow I put in stereophonics " keep the village alive" disc one track 4 and the subs were hitting pretty hard. Haven't heard it that good yet. However I noticed that on the front of the mic2200 that the clip light was flashing a little. The ep4000 was not.

Anyone help me understand what do I need to do?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all! I built a pair of these a couple years back. I thought in the beginning they sounded ok, today not so much. Although never IMO seemed all that great for music. They don't really sound tight. I had some amplifier Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin damage thanks to a dog IYCI. Had amp repaired although I am not sure if it is up to. This is a link to what it modeled at give or take a little on the volume. Any advice?
It might not help you measure, but it's better than Spotify lol. You should be able to hear 29hz so I'm not sure what to think about your situation.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts