Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used REW about 4 years ago briefly and decided to try it out again with the newer versions. It seemed like I had fewer problems then, than I am having now. Maybe I have old hardware and not the right software????

I brought out my old gear. An M-Audio Mobile Pre USB and a Beringer ECM 8000 Microphone. I have downloaded some M-Audio Drivers into my Windows 7 laptop. After making all my connections, I can get the sweep signal out of my speakers as well as the SPL calibration test. But it appears that the MIC is being used from the laptop rather than the one Plugged into the Mobile Pre USB. I have tried multitudes of different settings, but I cannot get it to work. I have spent a great deal of time with the manuals, but it seems like I may be missing some software???

Anyone have any tips for me?

·
Super Moderator
9,203 Posts

First make sure you have acceptable level settings for the mic on the sound card. Specifically, the signal light on the sound card should activate when you gently tap on the head of the mic.

With the sound card settings verified, you can move on to the operating system settings. With Windows 7, right-click on the speaker icon in the task bar, then select “Recording Devices.” This will open up a window, and you should see your sound card listed as an option. Select it and set it for “default device.” You should then be able to tap on your mic and see a level reading on the meter. If so, you should be in business

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
First make sure you have acceptable level settings for the mic on the sound card. Specifically, the signal light on the sound card should activate when you gently tap on the head of the mic.
Oops !! ........... The Mobile Pre USB has a power button on it that lights a Red LED..... I had thought that when it was lit, the unit was off. Apparently not. The MIC works now..... I know I'll have more questions later! Thanks!

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
I used REW about 4 years ago briefly and decided to try it out again with the newer versions. It seemed like I had fewer problems then, than I am having now. Maybe I have old hardware and not the right software????

I brought out my old gear. An M-Audio Mobile Pre USB and a Beringer ECM 8000 Microphone. I have downloaded some M-Audio Drivers into my Windows 7 laptop. After making all my connections, I can get the sweep signal out of my speakers as well as the SPL calibration test. But it appears that the MIC is being used from the laptop rather than the one Plugged into the Mobile Pre USB. I have tried multitudes of different settings, but I cannot get it to work. I have spent a great deal of time with the manuals, but it seems like I may be missing some software???

Anyone have any tips for me?
I use my Mobile Pre USB with REW on Windows 7 all the time, no special software needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts