Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HDMI input quit working recently on my HL-R5067WX/XAA TV. The component and all other inputs work fine, it's just the HDMI that has a problem. When it first happened the entire screen was pinkish purple, but now it just doesn't work at all. I tried hooking up both my Dish Network DVR and my DVD player but neither work. I also tried a new hdmi cable with no luck.

Any ideas short of taking it to a repair shop?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
730 Posts
My HDMI input quit working recently on my HL-R5067WX/XAA TV. The component and all other inputs work fine, it's just the HDMI that has a problem. When it first happened the entire screen was pinkish purple, but now it just doesn't work at all. I tried hooking up both my Dish Network DVR and my DVD player but neither work. I also tried a new hdmi cable with no luck.

Any ideas short of taking it to a repair shop?

Thanks for any input.
did you keep unplugging the HDMI cables switching between the two? or did you happen to move the tv out and pull on the cable making it pull sideways on the jack? you could of broken the solder on the hdmi jack.

if you can get away with useing the componet jacks you may just want to use them. A new digital board is 188 dollars plus a 50 dollar core that you get back when you return the bad digital board. not sure what repair shops charge for labor in your area. it makes for a costly repair. now if you are handy and can replace it yourself it's not that bad.

if you do deside to get a new digital board and all the other inputs work on your tv I would be willing to buy the digital board with the broken HDMI port. I still need one but haven't found a price I am willing to pay. I would be willing to give you the 60 to cover the the core plus a little extra and still pay for shipping to get it here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Any idea what the part number on the digital board is?

And no, I never unplugged it or moved the TV, it started acting up shortly after a power surge in the house.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Go to samsungparts.com or encompass with your complete model number, including any suffixes. You may also need to know the chassis, version, or type number. Do not assume that getting the right board is trivial. Make sure that it is the right part number for YOUR model and version.

·
Registered
730 Posts
http://www.samsungparts.com/part_de...&product_id=BP94-02084A&search_model=HLR5067W they don't go by the suffixes on the web page. you will want to look at your digital board and make sure the part number is the same. BP94-02084A

If you are good with computers you should be able to do the replacement yourself. if you can replace a motherboard you can replace a digital board. if you are unsure of keeping track of wires take photos with your digital camera.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
This is one of the problems with Samsung. They have so many production changes that they do sometime specify parts by the suffix or by the model or by the version or by the name of the series of sets. You have to check. It appears that they have subbed the same part number for several versions now, which is why you often have to make changes in the service mode to get them to work properly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Is the service mode you are talking about the mute 1 8 2 power code? Is there a way to troubleshoot the HDMI connection from that mode or at least verify that the digital board is the problem? Don't really want to spend $200 and not fix the problem.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. Is the service mode you are talking about the mute 1 8 2 power code? Is there a way to troubleshoot the HDMI connection from that mode or at least verify that the digital board is the problem? Don't really want to spend $200 and not fix the problem.
yes thats the service mode. if all your other inputs are working and it's just the hdmi port then the only board it can be is the digital board. the hdmi port is built into the digital board. if the composit inputs ( red, blue, and green rca cables) are working you may just want to use them. they support up to 1080i also. and you wouldn't have to worry about using the hdmi input.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ended up buying a used HL-S5087W from someone locally. Just had a new bulb installed and he gave me another brand new one still in the sealed box. Cost only slightly more than it would of to repair my HL-R5067, so I couldn't pass it up.

Thanks for everyone's input on my problem.

·
Registered
730 Posts
maybe you can just move the other one into another room. like your bedroom since all the other inputs still work. plus your replacement tv is a better one. it does the 1080p and the other one just did the 1080i

1 - 12 of 12 Posts