Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Integra 40.1 Receiver with multiple HDMI sources (DVD, PS3, Roku, etc) and a 720p/1080i projector with s-video, composite video, and a HD D-sub 15-pin that can be set to accept the following: Computer, Video GBR, Component or DTV signal, as well as the less useful.

The picture from the projector is great using the component directly from a DVD source, however, I cannot seem to get component picture from the Integra using a HDMI source.

I figure it may be HDCP that is keeping it from working, but I wanted to see if anyone had ideas on how to get it working. Thoughts?

If this is already covered ground, please point me to it as I could not locate it.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
What projector are you using?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I've got a Integra 40.1 Receiver with multiple HDMI sources (DVD, PS3, Roku, etc) and a 720p/1080i projector with s-video, composite video, and a HD D-sub 15-pin that can be set to accept the following: Computer, Video GBR, Component or DTV signal, as well as the less useful.

The picture from the projector is great using the component directly from a DVD source, however, I cannot seem to get component picture from the Integra using a HDMI source.

I figure it may be HDCP that is keeping it from working, but I wanted to see if anyone had ideas on how to get it working. Thoughts?

If this is already covered ground, please point me to it as I could not locate it.

Thanks!
Many modern AVRs and prepros will not (down) convert from HDMI to analog because of the same reason as for HDCP: The studios do not want people copying their content. Conversion (up) from analog sources to HDMI is permitted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts