Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this might evolve into an ongoing thread. My preference is to wait for movies to be released on video but every now and then I simply can't. Two recent releases Dr. Strange and Arrival have me salivating to head to my local theater. The wife and I plan on pulling a double header tomorrow evening.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
I go with my wife or friends maybe once or twice a year to the Theater...mainly just because I can't wait to see how the movie is.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I go with my wife or friends maybe once or twice a year to the Theater...mainly just because I can't wait to see how the movie is.
We go a bit more than that but not by much. Probably in the 5-8 times a year range. It seems lately there just isn't that many movies released that gives us that itch. Plus the tickets cost $18/per for the Dolby Prime Theater.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
We go a bit more than that but not by much. Probably in the 5-8 times a year range. It seems lately there just isn't that many movies released that gives us that itch. Plus the tickets cost $18/per for the Dolby Prime Theater.
We have a local Dolby Atmos theater that has $5 Tuesdays (last time I went that is what it was)...so it is pretty inexpensive for a movie unless you eat there. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can't beat that price! I'm not sure if ours has any specials? Our Prime theater you actually pick out the seats when you purchase the tickets.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
You can't beat that price! I'm not sure if ours has any specials? Our Prime theater you actually pick out the seats when you purchase the tickets.
We have a theater in the area that lets you pick out your seats when you get your tickets, they have all home theater style recliners, drink holders, plus they serve drinks to you. I haven't went there yet though.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ours is like that minus bringing drinks to your seat. There is another theater nearby called The Fork and Screen that will bring drinks and food to your seat. Unfortunately the audio/video is not on the same level as the Dolby Prime experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts