Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. This is my first post, so if this is the wrong forum, feel free to move it to where it belongs.

In a nutshell:
I'm looking to start using headphones so I can watch DVDs at night without being too loud. The only problem is, there doesn't seem to be a headphone jack on my TV (the model number is LN32D403E4D). I asked if I could use a USB adaptor but was told that even that wouldn't work since the USB port on that particular TV was "out" only. I thought of wireless headphones, but I'm not even sure if that would suffice. Called the Samsung hotline, but it's so hard to understand what they're saying as they all have accents.
Any advice? Is it hopeless? Would wireless work?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks very much

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi there. This is my first post, so if this is the wrong forum, feel free to move it to where it belongs.

In a nutshell:
I'm looking to start using headphones so I can watch DVDs at night without being too loud. The only problem is, there doesn't seem to be a headphone jack on my TV (the model number is LN32D403E4D). I asked if I could use a USB adaptor but was told that even that wouldn't work since the USB port on that particular TV was "out" only. I thought of wireless headphones, but I'm not even sure if that would suffice. Called the Samsung hotline, but it's so hard to understand what they're saying as they all have accents.
Any advice? Is it hopeless? Would wireless work?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks very much
It won't work you don't have output on the back of your TV, only input, which would only work on a DVD/VHS player to get the sound to your TV speakers. You have two choices. You would have to upgrade your TV to a newer model or another way you can get sound from your Samsung TV is to get a cheap 5.1 receiver and use the headphone jack from receiver. You can get a good receiver from $150-300 depends on what you wanna spend.
Whenever you are ready...Headphones? Get these are amazing for the money. Sound quality is top notch and what I use when I watch TV/Bluray/DVD most of the times: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-SE-...786858?hash=item3abb14832a:g:EmQAAOSwZG9WlB3D
If you don't mind refurb cheaper: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where is a good place to look for these receivers?

EDIT: Never mind. Saw your links

So a receiver would work on the TV I have even with no output?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My BluRay player has one HDMI, but it's connected to the TV

I actually asked someone from Samsung and they said a receiver would not work with no output. Someone's wrong here

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use this TV for BluRay/DVDs only.

The people I talked to at Samsung said a receiver would not work.
Not doubting you, but I'm not sure what to believe
In your opinion, should I go ahead and get a receiver?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you.
I actually asked on another site and they recommended a receiver too
Waiting to see if anyone else replies, but I'm thinking receiver is the way to go

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 61 Posts