Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort Noise Canceling over the ear headphones that have literally been around the world and back. The plastic has cracked on one side (held together by electrical tape) and is starting to cut out. In short, it's time to replace them.

It has been almost a decade since I bought these and don't mind replacing them with another set of Bose but also know there have been advances since I last bought these. I liked the noise cancelation feature for flights, the dynamic range, and how lightweight they felt. I was disappointed the plastic cracked but can't complain too much given how many miles they've traveled.

I'd like to stay in the $250-$350 range if at all possible. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Wow that is an awful long life for headphones isn't it. Glad you enjoyed them so much.
Are the new Bose better built and still affordable considering how fun they were for you ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Given how long I've had them and did enjoy them, they are definitely on the short list. They've always felt a little fragile and in fact the plastic ultimately did just crumble a few years back. Before I blindly went and replaced them with the same kind I thought I'd check in and see if there are others out there that folks have found to be better value for the money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts