Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all! My name is Kevin and although I've been an audio fan for many years, I'm a relative newbie to the whole world of home theater. I look forward to getting to know a number of you good people and hope I can make a decent contribution once in a while!

My first stab at home theatre debuted last February (Super Bowl sunday!) as I had completed a room transformation from generic upstairs family room to a 'Guy's Cave' to be used mainly by me & my three sons (okay, my wife is also allowed entrance at times!) for movie viewing, game playing and music.
I crafted the room from some existing components (my old receiver, five 'older' speakers, plus some new ones— samsung 65" plasma, Toshiba HDDVD player; some new furniture; black-out shades, rug. Here's a shot on the day of it's debut:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/GuitarPix/boysroom_revised.jpg

Since the 'debut' I've since upgraded both the entry-level pioneer receiver and H100 subwoofer to a Marantz SR8100 and SVS Pc12-NSD, respectively. The speakers (my old jbls) are next on the upgrade list.

Glad I found this place!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Kevin, Welcome to the Shack!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Hello and welcome to the Shack!

We are certainly glad you joined in with us... :T

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Welcome Kevin! Enjoy the forums :T

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:wave:

Good luck with your project....I'm assuming JBL's will be replaced by SVS speakers to complement the SVS Sub, Right???:whistling:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum...:wave:

Good luck with your project....I'm assuming JBL's will be replaced by SVS speakers to complement the SVS Sub, Right???:whistling:
The SVS speakers are at the top of my list. I've checked out the new towers (STS) and the scs/sbs systems. Hard to beat the $$/value bang-for-the-buck with these speakers. I'm also awaiting to see what type of new matching center speaker Swan/HiFi is coming out with to match their D2.1se standmounters as well.

Thank you everyone for the nice welcome!

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Kevin. Have fun. Dennis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts