Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've been visiting the Shack for quite some time, so I decided to join in. Good forums here, clean, informative and much more pro than any other forum on the internet.

I can decribe me as an old-schooler of sound, still wondering between the glory days of analog and the never ending madness of the digital era. I love sound, music and everything related to it. My musical core are hard rock/progressive/metal 70s, 80s, and some early 90s. I also like progressive new age and jazz (Manheim Steamroller, Rippingtons/Satriani to name a few). This calls for at least tower speakers full range and a musically friendly sub. For video, I am not too much into the "Crash and Burn Movies", but I do watch from time to time when I have the need for shaking the system. Japanese Anime and Non-Mainstream movies are my cup of tea, although probably not the most impressive in terms of home theater performance (ex: Traffic, Memento, Pulp Fiction, etc.). On the other hand, the audio tracks of some japanese movies (in their original japanese versions) have probably the most spectacular 7.1 sound I've ever experienced.

My current gear follows:
Front L/R: Polk Monitor 60 towers
C: Polk CS2
Surr(2): Polk M10s (just arrived! :R )
BackSurr(2): Polk RTis
Sub: Sony SAWX700
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1015TX
DVD: JVCSXS40

Other audio toys:
Behringer Xenyx1204FX 8 chan (4 alts) mixer
Behringer MIC200 tube preamp
Behringer EMC8000 cond. mic.
Sure SM58 dynamic mic.
Sure Prologue dynamic mic.
Radio Shack SPL analog
HP ze5200 laptop
Edirol UA-1ex external sound card
TrueRTA 1/24
ETF basic
Cakewalk Home Studio 2

Playing gear:
Tama Imperialstar 7/4 single kick drum.

Thanks for the opportunity and see you all at the forums. I'll be screaming for help with REW very soon!

And remember...hearing is believing. :yes:

Truly yours
Blazerman

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hello Blazer and welcome to the Shack!

Nice setup you got yourself.

I bet REW will be easy for you... but hang around anyway... we'll be looking forward to chatting with you.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Blazerman, nice set up. I sense you enjoy listening! Welcome to the Shack. No matter what your musical tastes, a good sound system is paramount. There are some great guys on this forum. I migrated here from another forum that was too negative for my tastes. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blazerman, nice set up. I sense you enjoy listening! Welcome to the Shack. No matter what your musical tastes, a good sound system is paramount. There are some great guys on this forum. I migrated here from another forum that was too negative for my tastes. Have fun. Dennis

Hi Dennis. Yes, I know what you mean. I've been monitoring basically every single audio forum on the internet and this one is the best. You guys have awesome expertise, and the right attitude. My sub is one of the weakest links (the other is the receiver) so I am hoping to make improvements in that department with REW.

Thanks for the welcome!

And remember...hearing is believing :yes:

Blazerman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts