Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm Mikey.
Been into audio for some time now, took a 'vacation' for a business venture and other diversions, and Im getting back into the thick of things again. Put together a Basement HT and its not bad but its not perfect either. My own fault there, had to start with an already existing space. Im a DIY kind of guy, built plenty of equipment over the years. Usually build my own speaker systems, been hacking at it for 25 years and now Im getting more serious about analysis and measurement of audio and systems. Built a pair of electrostatic speakers some years ago, and just dug them back out for some playtime. Blew some parts back then, and just dug out the Innersound parts I got for replacements back then and fired it all back up again. Every bit as directional as I remembered them. Just started re-researching ESLs again. I see they have grown in quality considerably. That research brought me here for some info at times, and when I saw the Room EQ software, well, that was enough to get me to bite.

Located in Waukesha County, Wisconsin. A great place to live when the ground is dry...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome. It's good to see another Wisconsinite on the boards. That rain was a bear. I hope you came through it all right.

Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jim, Hi Nova,

Yes I hate to count my 'gallonage' before it hatches, but things came close this time. Highways closed less than 1/4 mile from me, streets a block away. But all is well. Actually had an officer directing people away from my street corner trying to see the sights... Friend in Fond Du Lac had 52 inches of water in his house. Good thing his house was about 53" to the first floor. Only the basement was trouble. But thats enough there, Im not talking audio here.

Obligatory audio content: I have just started playing with passive serial crossovers, did 2 speakers with them so far and I do like the sound. Just wondered what comment out there might be on them. I like the sound of them so far, and am interested in learning more about them. Another reason I am getting more into analysis and measurement.

-M-

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Great to have you here, Mikey. Have fun, Dennis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts