Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.
Ive been 'into' hifi since the 70's and most recently assembled a decent budget AV setup. Yamaha V2065. Mordaunt Short surround. Mezzo 8's, 5, 1's & 7sub. Sony BDR & SkyHD. Being an avid meddlar, I waste (read spend) time trying to eek the last gram of performance in a very modest 3mx5m lounge. Joined the forum mostly because I fancy trying REW so I've ordered a MiniDSP mic' and I am reading up. Look forward to learning some. Cheers from UK

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome, most to all your questions can be answered here, as I've never had trouble finding an ounce of information. Enjoy your time here!

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
Welcome to HTS! Be sure to ask questions; lots of very friendly folks here who are happy to help.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Welcome to the Home Theater Shack. The REW forums will be your learning center and the best place to ask question on REW. Once you're up to speed, you will be able to tweak your system to be spot on.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :wave:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MiniDSP mic' connected. Laptop to Yamaha thru hdmi. First measurement after some Win7 fiddling. Now? Assuming I can get some free time! Set to stereo + sub with no processing to get baseline measurement? Measure with some amp dsp/crossover settings? Measure the sub on its own using its built in notch filters? Measure each speaker and compare in the asymetric room? Check the centre speaker output by connecting to a front channel? My aim is to use the amps eq to flatten the response for f/l/centre & use the subs filters to smooth the low end. And further to check the centre & to look at the crossover frequencies. Does this sound like a (feasible) plan?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have done thanks. Kinda thinkin I would like to see some 'plans' to guide us starters suggesting how we might proceed in order to make initial measurements which are meaningful to us enabling us to make some adjustments. (If that makes sense). And some sample plots interpreted by experts for our comparison of common issues. Its a long road I guess and a steep learning curve where a first succesful measurement is the first stumbling step.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts