Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Germán and i’m from Argentina. First I’m apology for my English. I'm using Google translator.
I’m sound technical (is a career here in Argentina, in Spanish: Técnico en Sonido). A few years ago I bought my first equipment for measurement, because I’m interest in doing measurement, acoustical treatment, etc., I have a Behringer ECM8000, Behringer UCA202, HP Pavilion dv5 and the preamp is a mixer Yamaha MG12.
I’m owner of a recording studio (semi-professional), and the last week, I run REW and I took several measurements. The measurement correspond to the control room that is very small: 1,95mts (L), 3,58mts (W), 3,38mts (H). There are simple acoustic treatments, but still there is a lot of work to do.
The mic position is in the mix position (L/2=0,98mts approx.) I made a graph so you can understand the control room (in Paint :D)
As I’m a beginner in this world, what do you think about this measurement? Is there any rule for the impulse response or ETC according to the place? What decay is advisable for a control room?.
The .mdat file is uploading so you can view the entire measurement and if you have any doubt o if you have any recommendation, you are welcome.
Thank you very much for your help.
Saludos desde Argentina.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Measurement looks fine, everything appears to be set up correctly. It is probably better to do one 256k sweep than two 128k sweeps.

The response shows very little bass, do you also have a sub that was not measured?

Worth measuring positions 0.3 - 0.6 m or so behind the current position to see if it helps bring up the low end, sitting half way up the length causes quite a dip around 70 - 80 Hz or so, which may be contributing to the roll-off at the low end. If you can move closer to the rear wall (even as close as 0.5 m) the low end may even out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Measurement looks fine, everything appears to be set up correctly. It is probably better to do one 256k sweep than two 128k sweeps.

The response shows very little bass, do you also have a sub that was not measured?

Worth measuring positions 0.3 - 0.6 m or so behind the current position to see if it helps bring up the low end, sitting half way up the length causes quite a dip around 70 - 80 Hz or so, which may be contributing to the roll-off at the low end. If you can move closer to the rear wall (even as close as 0.5 m) the low end may even out.
Hello John!!!!! thanks for the reply!!!, i'll try to measuring with 256k sweep!!!...

The lack of lows is because the monitors!, are not the correct ones. Next time i'll try to measuring with real monitors and a subwoofer...

I'll compare this measurement with the positions that you recommend and see if there is any change in the low frecuency...

Thanks again!!
Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts