Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading many of the very informative posts here and figured I should join in. Am starting a DIY subwoofer project and could use some technical advice.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Welcome to the SHACK... Glad you joined.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Hi Don and welcome to HTS!

If you use Facebook or Twitter, click on the supplied links and follow us! It's a great way to find out about new equipment reviews, news, and HTS forum announcements. We also feature lots of other content.

Also, if you have a completed Home Theater or Two-Channel system, get your first five posts out of the way and create a thread about your room! You can create Theater threads (here) and Two-Channel channel threads (here)! If you're designing and building, we have threads (Theater and Two-Channel) where you can feature your builds, too! It's a great way to share photos, ideas, and get feedback!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just discovered REW and it is a fantastic tool.

I joined because I have a problem. Everything seems to work EXCEPT taking multiple measurements. On the first measurement, I set the levels and I go from 0 hz to 5000 hz with 1M samples which takes 21.8 seconds. It works great and gives me an nice SPL curve.

When I try to do a second measurement, it immediately says 95% complete, and within 1 second, it displays a new graph with no data. Same thing for all subsequent measurements.

If I close the program and start over, I get one good measurement and then it stops working correctly.

I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga 3 laptop and I'm using an external USB soundcard (Behringer U-PHORIA UM2).

I'm not sure where to post this on the forum to get a solution.

Rob

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
I just discovered REW and it is a fantastic tool.

I joined because I have a problem. Everything seems to work EXCEPT taking multiple measurements. On the first measurement, I set the levels and I go from 0 hz to 5000 hz with 1M samples which takes 21.8 seconds. It works great and gives me an nice SPL curve.

When I try to do a second measurement, it immediately says 95% complete, and within 1 second, it displays a new graph with no data. Same thing for all subsequent measurements.

If I close the program and start over, I get one good measurement and then it stops working correctly.

I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga 3 laptop and I'm using an external USB soundcard (Behringer U-PHORIA UM2).

I'm not sure where to post this on the forum to get a solution.

Rob
Hi Rob - head over to this section: http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/rew-forum/ and start a thread. You're sure to get help there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts