Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from the Inland Northwest. Just wanted to out myself as Onkyo Integra Separates original owner. The equipment is over 20 years old. I do only 2-channel stereo, haven't made it into Surround sound as yet. Lately I have been able to improve the setup by modding the preamp to provide for a digital equalizer loop . This was done by taking the audio signal right before the tone control / subsonic filter section and high-pass it at ~ 15Hz. The output from the DA goes directly to the hot end of the volume pot.

This way the AD/DA section is driven by the maximum possible signal and the bit-resolution loss is minimized. Originally I did not use the high-pass filter, but it is needed to eliminate a loud pop when changing input sources. I'll have to experiment with some cap-values as I think it sounded just a very tiny little bit better without the cap in the sign path. But hey..... you are not the original owner of equipment this old unless you are kind of old yourself... that would be me. Consequently I may very well be the only guy on this board that can hear pitch very well but not with my left ear due to hearing loss
:hissyfit:

That said, life goes on and I still love listening to music.

PS: The Digital equalizer is a DEQ2496, using only the digital section and two EMU 0404 USB units for AD and DA conversion

Regards

Rolf

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hi Rolf and welcome to the Shack!

We have several two-channel enthusiast hangin' around... glad to have you here... :T

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Geoff. We are located only 2 hours from the Canadian Border... so a big Hi to you from us down here.

Regards

Rolf

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Sonnie,

Yes, there are a view of us left in the 2-Channel world

Have a great one

Rolf

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, bad style to reply to my own statement. But hey, I can't let he spelling error go unnoticed... a view instead of a few

·
Elite Shackster , HTS Moderator Emeritus
2,216 Posts
Don't worry about replying to your own statement. But you can edit them if it's just a spelling error or something small (small button in the lower right of your post).

Welcome to the Shack!

-- edit
And here's my edit: I also wanted to add that I have been lusting after the new Integra DTC9.8 preamp for some time now. As soon as I get some sort of raise or bonus -- it's mine. Then I'll be in the Integra club as well :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts