Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

I have been reading your forums for the past few days. Things have really changed in 10 years. I'm just overwhelmed right now with seeing the new technologies and ways to build subs. I have been reading the Sub woofer reviews and DIY. Been looking at charts.

:surrender: I have no idea what any of this stuff means. :huh:

I guess that is why I am here.

Current System for home theater and music - that needs to be upgraded
Sony Vega first edition 36" might need replacing
B&K 202 AV
4 x OM10 Mirage
1 x OM2 Center Mirage
Sub - HSU Research VTF-2

The sub is dead (Amp has an alarm buzz) It will power up, but it makes a buzzing sound. Hsu recommended I get another Subwoofer. Theirs of course. It is out of warranty. That's why I'm here. To see if I can understand more about music and maybe make something.

Turning point to Audiophile wanna be ;-)
I went to a HomeTheater place once. I put in a CD of Belcanto. Walked out and said to the sales guy, "it sounded ok." The sales guys said, "Go back in there!" I put in Titanic CD. I dont remember if I smiled or not. But...an actual tear rolled down my cheek. I never new what I was missing in my music. It was amazing. I literally saw a mallet hit the bass drum. I have never been the same.

Cheers

AudioZuki
(I wish I could be Audiozilla. Not there yet.)

Past projects - updated Car system and built a sub from MDF. Changing table, router table and other odds and ends.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW - I live in Lawrenceville Ga.

I played WoW and quit. I needed a new hobby. I kicked around the idea of producing audio equipment since high school.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello Zuki, Welcome to the Shack.

If you intrested in a great sub have a look at SVSound They make some of the best subs available without question. They also have a great line of speakers.

You can also have a look at Fi Audio for sub drivers for in DIY projects if you looking at going that direction.
Also Funky Waves Audio

Enjoy your stay here.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,423 Posts
Welcome aboard, you've come to the right place. I'm sure our sub guru's will get you on the right path in no time. :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Hello Juki, and welcome. Have fun, Dennis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts