Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been an observer of this site for a while and have decided to contribute.

An old-school audio guy, I still spin vinyl and have a two-channel audio system. Although I have nothing against surround, I just do not like the way most surround sound is mixed so I opted to integrate my video system into it.

I have an electrical engineering background but like Nicola Tesla I observed and heard things that could not be explained with current models. So instead of trying to figure out an explanation, I leveraged what I observed with the technique used to create it. And as a result my rig, although modest, is very different, most things being hacked and modified (I just cannot keep the cover on anything).

I look forward to the 4K era replacing current 1K for many reasons. My wife is a photographer and artist so I have a live-in consultant to keep me honest (that is NOT the right shade of green for Bermuda grass...).

I enjoy all art in all forms and encourage everyone to achieve their passion. I am an optimist and I also believe that everyone's opinions are correct and valid.

I spend a lot of time in my audio-video blog and enjoy astronomy and cycling as hobbies.

BTW, I have settled the debate between differences in HDMI cables with a simple test you can do yourself. I am surprised no one has thought of doing this before, but there you go. Anyone with a good camera, a tripod, and a reasonable graphics software package can confirm this method. See how I did it here (this is a link to Part 1 but the method is described in Part 2).

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Welcome to the SHACK, Philip... Glad you joined.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Hey Philip, welcome to Home Theater Shack!

If you're a Facebook user, click on the Facebook icon at the top of the page and "Like" our Facebook Page. Our feed is full of interesting links, photos, and news.:T

Regards, Todd

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Glad you could join us, Philip!

I am a bit of a two channel nut myself. Feel free to visit our 2 channel sub forum, it would be interesting to hear more about your system.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey AJ, Nice to see a familiar name amidst the sea of others.

Yes, you did hear my system, but that was 3 years ago and a lot has changed. If you are ever up my way, you should stop in and give your ears a treat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts