Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an audio engineer with 25+ years experience high speed duplicating audio cassete tapes, now going to waste as I manage the infrastructure of what has turned into a huge call center.

I love my home theater, updated many times over the years.

My current setup includes a 50" Pioneer Kuro plasma TV, Denon 4803ci receiver, Def Tech Supertowers in the front, Mythos 10 center, Mythos Gem XLs in the rear, Sunfire D-12 sub, Squeezebox, Toshia HD DVD, WII, Sony 200 CD carousel, DirecTV HD DVR x2, Sony DVD w/SACD, Samsung DVD/VHS player-recorder, 500+ each DVDs and CDs, 2x 1TB network servers loaded, Harmony remotes x 2, Dell XPS w/everything. I use 12 gauge zip cord for speaker cables and connect everything thru the receiver with $15 HDMI or optical cables.

The Denon has Audessey & I own an Avia disk, an SPL meter and lots of other calibration tools. In the end I tweaked everything so it sounded and looked good to me - calibrated perfectly for my ears and eyes. Who cares what the 'scope or the meter says? I paid for it, I listen to it and look at it, and it sounds and looks great to me. Sometimes I think my friends and neighbors are impressed, too. :)

Next big wish: wireless HDMI so I can hang a 42" lcd in the dinette! BluRay is coming for Xmas in the form of a Playstation3.

JustDave1

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there JustDave1 and welcome to the Shack!

We hope you find yourself hanging with us regularly... :T

Sonnie

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Welcome to the Shack JustDave1. What part of Central Florida are you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Clermont and work in Orlando. I first moved to Central Florida in the early 70s at the Angibilt downtown and gradually moved west thru downtown, Pine Hills, and Winter Garden; I've lived in Clermont for the last 11 years.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Welcome :wave:

Don't forget to share your experiences with us ... we love to play with our toys :bigsmile:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like it, and WAF is high, though sometimes I miss my big old Infinity speakers. These just don't see to move as much air, but they're much more accurate and the high end is incredibly clear.

Do you think a bigger (15") subwoofer would make a difference, considering the 2 300 watters built into the STs and the 1200 watt D-12?

JustDave1

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
...sometimes I miss my big old Infinity speakers. These just don't see to move as much air, but they're much more accurate and the high end is incredibly clear....
Maybe some DIY speakers can solve that ... :yes:

Do you think a bigger (15") subwoofer would make a difference, considering the 2 300 watters built into the STs and the 1200 watt D-12? JustDave1
I'm sure that somebody at the DIY section can answer that for you ... I read post were they show graphs from a computer program where they model sub builds; and I'm sure they can do the same for you :yes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts