Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
My name is Gustavo, but most my friends call me Gus. I've been very active at AVS Forum for a few years, and I found this place months ago, but I never really found a reason to register.

I'm new to the HT systems, and recently I've been doing a lot of research about the DIY speakers and subs. Every time I do some type of research on Google, I end up coming to this place. So, here I am.

I live in the Central Valley, CA in a city named Visalia. This place is pretty nice, but it isn't good with anything related to HT. So, I have to rely on the internet to find what I need!

Hope to help in anything I can!:bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to HTS. :bigsmile:

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack. We hope that you will become part of the HTS community and enjoy both contributing to help others and find value in what others have posted.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Welcome Gus, there is a lot of great information and members here. Read up some and start a thread on your build. Ask questions and we'll help you on your journey.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Hi Gus
Spent some time there while doing electronics training at Lemore. Love the smell of Garlic in the morning, it reminds me of " Fog". Anyways welcome and like me I kept seeing this place come up on the internet with such great info. I have spent Two nights on the room eq stuff and I see many more to come.

Enjoy

Dave

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for the welcome, and I would like to apologize for not answering back sooner. I completely forgot that I had to make a new email account with gmail since yahoo isn't recommended. However, I would like to report the following.

I recently acquire my great uncle's Carver TFM-35 amp, which was working excellent for the last 3 days. Today, I found out that the right channel might be going bad. So, I've got the option to either sent it off to get it rebuilt, but this will cost about $350 or more, which I really don't have due to getting married next month.

The other option is to buy all the parts that need replacing myself, and do the work myself as well. I just recently became a member of Carver Audio forum, and I am hoping I can get some help on how to fix this amp. My great uncle got it in the early 80's, and it lasted till now. So, if I can fix it and make it last another 30+ years, it would be nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts