Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am addicted to audio and now home theater systems. Perhaps this forum can help me refine my quest as I am not quitting anytime soon...I had one of the first Yamaha 5.1 receivers around 1990 and just gave it away still working. I have a Denon AVR-3803 and my Yamaha RX-V2700 (2005). The list of speakers and components is too long for this post. Just suffice it to say that it is all old tech stuff compared to the latest. I have hundreds of vinyl LP and CD to fuel the musical fires, and will be streaming or viewing HD video with new equipment soon.

My project at the moment is a home theater (family) room remodel to include most of my best speakers (ACS, DefTech, and B&W) in an 11.1 system with a new receiver and TV. A Yamaha Aventage and LG OLED65 look like a good way to go! The speakers wires and digital cables are being pulled and the electrical service installed for the new TV and fireplace in a modern-minimalist marble/granite hearth.

Okay, I didn't forget the living room and my purist side. It will feature Acurus RL11 and A150 driving a pair of DCM Time Windows. Can anyone tell me where to find a belt for a Philips GA-212 to play all those archived LP?

I will have some more specific questions and float some ideas later, but all are welcome to comment on my Home Theater project with any ideas and suggestions! An independent review of the latest Aventage equipment might be here somewhere. I found this site on a review of an A-3040.

Thanks for having this forum. I look ahead to some interesting discussions...

Regards, Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts