Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I have been getting back into the AV world and found this site and it looks great so i will be coming here and putting my spoon in some of the conversation soups... I am looking forward to making new online friends and sharing knowledge. My background is in basic electronics and woodworking as well as house remodeling so i hope to be able to spread some of what i know if someone has questions... be seeing you on the forum funny pages... :jump::yay2:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nice to meet you Bill! I'm over in Colleyville just South of Grapevine but I work in Dallas! I'm building all the time as well. What type of stuff are you looking to do AV wise in the near future?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Bill, Welcome to the Home Theater Shack! We have a great DIY section that you will likely find befitting with your woodworking skills.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to HomeTheaterShack. You are going to love it here.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello Bill, Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone... Right now I have way to many projects started it seems.

Stereo Clarity
I am building a hope chest for my buddies daughters wedding in OCT
I am rebuilding a pair RS150 MT speakers I built (adding the BSC back into the crossover and building some ported enclosures for them. the cross over took to much of the bass out.
I am rebuilding an old pair of Pioneer speakers from the 60's. the two drivers in are named Woofer and Squawker, :gulp: I don't think I have ever seen a driver called a squawker before.
I am in the planning stages of turning my formal dining room into a home theatre. i am going to do a full DIY build since in a previous life i was a framer and drywaller...
I am building speakers stands for a pair of TRITRIX speakers I built for my buddy.

As you can see i have way to many things and not enough time to do them...i might be hitting some of you up for info and it will pass along any knowledge I have amassed over the years...

·
Registered
311 Posts
thanks everyone... Right now I have way to many projects started it seems.

Stereo Clarity
I am building a hope chest for my buddies daughters wedding in OCT
I am rebuilding a pair RS150 MT speakers I built (adding the BSC back into the crossover and building some ported enclosures for them. the cross over took to much of the bass out.
I am rebuilding an old pair of Pioneer speakers from the 60's. the two drivers in are named Woofer and Squawker, :gulp: I don't think I have ever seen a driver called a squawker before.
I am in the planning stages of turning my formal dining room into a home theatre. i am going to do a full DIY build since in a previous life i was a framer and drywaller...
I am building speakers stands for a pair of TRITRIX speakers I built for my buddy.

As you can see i have way to many things and not enough time to do them...i might be hitting some of you up for info and it will pass along any knowledge I have amassed over the years...
lol, sounds like me entirely...too much going on and about a quarter of the time needed! If you ever need an extra pair of hands to help out gimme a holler. I'd love to be a part of an entire HT room build!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steven,
i might take you up on the offer, i am going thru a crash course in "sketchup" to lay out what i am thinking of building but its going to include some arched walls to separate my theater from the entrance hall, some pillars along the walls to put theater themed sconce lights and speakers on, floor to ceiling drapes for light control and to help with the acoustics, built in rack for the electronics, a couple of DIY Bass traps, some acoustics panels for higher freq's, DIY fixed screen using blackout cloth, small stage at the screen, tiered seating and a small walnut bar behind the 2nd row of seating with bar stools. i am hoping to start the demo as soon as i get the formal dining room table and chandelier sold to make room...

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Bill. Have fun. Dennis

1 - 16 of 16 Posts