Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just wanted to post here to say hello. I am new here and to the whole Home Theater scene in general. I have been in and around car audio for many years though. I am putting together my home theater system now. So far I have the following:

Onkyo TX SR-806 avr
Infinity Primus P362 fronts
Infinity Primus PC250 center
Infinity CS60 in-wall rear
Sharp Aquos 42" LCD
Dish ViP722 receiver
Custom built mediapc for Bluray/HDDVD/DVD playback

I am currently looking for a good sub to go with this setup but that is for another thread. That is basically that. All that to say.....

Hello!

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Hi DonnyB, Glad to have you aboard. Nice setup. I am super happy with my SVSound PB12-Plus/2 sub. Have fun searching for a sub. Dennis

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome! My budget is maxed out at about $500 and I would like something on the smaller side of about 2' x 2' and no bigger than about 3' tall. I actually have a few JL Audio 10w3 d-4's laying around out of an automotive build I did a while back that I could use but not sure how they sound in a large area like my living room :) I was looking at the BASH 500 for the amp regardless. I will start another thread on that though. Thanks for the suggestion too.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome aboard Don,

Given that you have some subs lying around your in a good position to do a DIY sub. Have a look here for more info and post questions.
If your not into building one the SVS NSD line would also work within your budget and size restrictions. SVS builds some of the best subs available for the money.

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy kameleon and welcome to the Shack!

Come on in and take ya hat off... stay awhile... :T

Sonnie

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Welcome to the forum ...:wave:

Nice set up, I have some small Infinity's too (my first HTIB, TSS 750) ...I couldn't agree more about the sub. If you don't want to DIY one, you can look at SVS, HSU, eD, etc...or you can also look for a used one, sometimes you can find good deals :yes:.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts