Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All, I've joined because I really need to build up my education on this stuff. I know I like good sounds and great Movies at home.

here is alist of how I am currently set up with some changes on the way.

Hk AVr 745
Fronts - Klipsch 3.5s
Center - klipsch RC52
Rears - Speakercraft 8in, not sure of the model #, (Slated to change)
Bass - Velodyne 12in' Powered sub.
TV - Mitsubishi 52 DLP.

I also have a speakercraft bb1235 channel amp running 13 speakers throught the house and back yard.

A few of things I need help with if anyone may be able to direct me to a particular forum are:
I need to better understand the delay in the AVR and how it actually works, my interpretation of it is that I can try to advance the music /sound coming from the speakers attahced to the amp and further down the line to match that of the speakers directly attahced to the unit so I can eliminate the echo or for lack of a better way to put it, the delay. andy direction here would be much appreciated.

Also I am not convinced I have my TV and AVR setup properly. I am running all HDMI connections but when I have the TV on and attempt to swith to watch a moviethe receiver seems to have conflict and will not recgnize the DVD player. The AVR unit will actually Show as HDMI2/HDMI2 and then it swtches itself to HDMI2/COAX3, If I turn the TV off and start the movie first then power on the TV it all works fine and picture and sound are awesome.

I realize this may not be the most appropriate thread for this forum but I noticed there are many senior members that may be able to direct me to a more appropriate section for some help, I appreciate it if so.

Thanks for have such a great place like this for newbies to access and build a hobby!

I'd like to change the rears out and make them sides, and Add 2 more to make a 7.1 setup. I also have plans to add a second sub once I figure out the rest of the set up, I actually have the match to the current sub.

P.S> I also have some JBL 4312 Monitors in the garage,.........Low WAF

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there faster and welcome to the Shack!

We hope you find yourself hanging with us regularly... :T

Sonnie

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Thanks Sonnie, I hope to be around often because that means I'm building better systems!

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome fast. Glad you could join. Are you talking about the speaker delay or the delay that helps sync dialog with action on the screen? Have fun, Dennis

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Dennis, thanks for the reply! I suppose I am actually talking about both. I guess I just didn't realize they could be two different things. But now that you ask the question I can see how they would be.

For the most part, If I am in the living room lsitening to music pumped through the ceiling spealkers via the amp, there is a noticiable delay from one roomto the other. as for synching the sound with the tv it does present itself on occasion but not nearly as noticeable.

any advice?

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
I guess the best thing would be to try changing the delay settings and hear the effect. Dennis

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Welcome to the shack, fast.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I undeerstand that would be the easiset but I'm not real comfortable making changes without first having an idea of how to do it and some idea of what I can expect as an outcome. I guess, as stated in my post, I am looking to hear from somone that has had some experience with this and comments like:
what are some things to look out for,
some tips or tricks for making it easy, c
can I expect comeplete synchronization in both areas and so on.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Hi Fast.
Give our AVR gurus a few moments to research your HK unit and they may have the answer to your delay question.
Just off the top of my head, if your ceiling speakers are more than say 30 feet from the speakers in another room and you're hearing what you describe as a delay, it may actually be an acoustical separation room to room caused by different reverberant behavior of each room. And then again it could have everything to do with the different driver characteristics between the drivers in one room compared to the other.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts