Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Doug and I'm 37. I have a modest setup that consists of a ISF calibrated (3 years running) Mitts. 2 SVS 20-39 subs and Paradigm speakers rounding out my theater.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Doug. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello Doug, Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Doug!
What part of Indiana do you hail from? I actually live in Illinois, but on the state line between. I lived in Terre Haute most of my life until moving 10 mi away in Dennison IL. I worked for CBS Records and Tapes from 76' to 81' in their tape duplication facility and currently working for Sony on their DVD and CD copy-control. I took a couple of classes in ISF calibration and own a Sencore P403 signal generator, so perform ISF calibration occasionally.
Welcome to the site. I know you'll find a lot of useful info here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in Wabash, IN. I'd love to take some classes so I could do my own calibrations but with the money involved + travel and where I live I doubt I could make any money at doing other peoples sets around here. Gregg Lowen is the one who got me interested in isf stuff and I was going to take one of his classes, (he's doing THX certification along with isf stuff)...but with these difficult times, I doubt that it's in the cards any time soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I know what you mean. I did my classes just before CES when it was in Indy a few years ago. I had just gotten laif off and was looking for a new career. The class was two full days and was roughly $1000. I'm into the ausio stuff as well. Been a self-proclaimed Audiophile for some time. I have good gear, just not the "cost-no-object" lines. It's a very enjoyable, fulfilling hobby. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Nice stuff Doug :T Enjoy the forums!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, this site seems to have a wealth of knowledge pouring from every direction. I love looking at the creations in the "DIY" section. There are some very talented people hanging out in here. All in all, seems like a very good group of people. I'm glad I found this place!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts