Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I decided to start putting together a HT after moving into a new house this winter that allows for it. My basement is one large room (15' x 60') that someday will be turned into my HT/man cave/bar, but for now my wife stays at home with kids and runs an in home daycare. This kind of limits how much HT I can do now as well as budget is the main factor of upgrades.

I was planning on getting a 1080P pj that supported 3D but budget and the CEO (wife) made me reconsider, so I went with the Acer H5360 ($400 Newegg special). I am very impressed with the projector so far and have it setup in the basement, as well as doing an outdoor movie for the kids :) I decided to go the DIY route on the pj screen, since so many people on the forums recommend this. I was able to get clearance boc from Carl's Place (his ebay store) for $15 and this has really worked out great.

Right now for AVR, I am using an old Panasonic 5.1 HTIB that I have had for 5 year. One of my first upgrades will be to get a new Onkyo 7.2 AVR and good speakers. Other sources include PS3 and DirectTv. I also plan on building a HTPC in the near future as this is my specialty.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to HTS.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to HTS..........:wave: Great looking DIY screen there.:T

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Nice work! Have fun. Dennis

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.