Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all from Katy, Texas! A little about me...I am the Marine Corps Officer Recruiter for the Houston area, and brand new to this audio video addiction that it looks like we all share. I have fooled around with audio and video as a hobby for years, but never fully got into it like I fear I am now! When I was younger it was all about LOUD and DEEP bass, but as I get older (I am now 33), I have grown to appreciate the intricate details that a good system can bring out. I just purchased a 52" Samsung plasma and am now seriously disappointed in the weak audio that I have lived with for the last couple of years. Until last night I didn't realize that the HDMI cable I am using is not truly pushing HD audio because my Receiver (Sony) can't do it :foottap:. Guess I am going to start with a receiver and work it out from there. From what I have read here Onkyo / Yamaha? I look forward to learning from you all and I am sure that I will have many questions as I am beginning the journey into true home theater. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated... :bigsmile:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Welcome to the forum ...:wave:

Good luck with your project, and yes Onkyo is the best bang for the buck right now :T

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there splitwindow and welcome to the Shack!

We hope you find yourself hanging with us regularly... :T

Sonnie

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Oh yeah... do you know Wayne Pflughaupt? He is in Katy. We visited over there summer before last, then he and Donna came and visited with us later that year. If you don't know him... you guys need to hook up.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Josh. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Welcome Josh! Many bass heads at HTS, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. We'll be waiting for you inside :bigsmile:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome Josh--you make 33 sound OLD :paddle:. I've found a lot of valuable information and awesome people here...hope you do as well. Again, welcome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts