Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,my name is Tim born and raised in Kentucky 55 years old just recovered from kidney cancer,had one removed,but i've always wanted a home theater,man cave etc,i'm a western nut,tv western,karate movies etc,i have a 12' blowup screen 150'' pioneer receiver from the 80's still kicking though,but no projector yet thats why i'm here,to find out whats the best cheapest projector to start off with.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Welcome aboard moonpie61, be prepared for several good recommendations. Gonna be hard to get started though without a budget. So how much are you willing to fork out? :smile:

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to HTS :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Welcome to the SHACK... Glad you joined.

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
400 bucks max
I would look for a used BenQ W1070...you should be able to find a used one for $400, maybe even less. Just make sure you get one with either a new bulb or one with very little hours as the bulb as I recall is around $300.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone,my name is Tim born and raised in Kentucky 55 years old just recovered from kidney cancer,had one removed,but i've always wanted a home theater,man cave etc,i'm a western nut,tv western,karate movies etc,i have a 12' blowup screen 150'' pioneer receiver from the 80's still kicking though,but no projector yet thats why i'm here,to find out whats the best cheapest projector to start off with.
Welcome Tim.....and my best wishes to you. I hope you are felling good after the nightmare. God Bless. I'm having a home theater with 130 inch screen, Epson projector, Pioneer Atmos receiver, Polk spk and sub....... Any advice pls be free to ask........

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using Tapatalk

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Hey Tim! Welcome aboard Home Theater Shack! Glad to have you aboard!

I'm sure you'll find help (here) with picking a projector...plenty of great options on the market.

If you use Facebook or Twitter, click on the supplied links and follow us! It's a great way to find out about new equipment reviews, news, and HTS forum announcements. We also feature lots of other content.

See you on the forum! :T

Regards, Todd

1 - 9 of 9 Posts