Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Louisville to be exact...home of beautiful horses and fast women....of do I have that.....no thats correct.

I followed a link from some point in space back to this site and thought I should linger. I was looking up info on the Velodyne SMS-1 and somebody mentioned the FBD for lots less $$$. So here I am.

I have a tough room to tame and a couple SVS tubes with 1000 watt amp and using an Outlaw ICBM to control things at the moment.

I am going to download room wizard at some point, but was wondering if I should spend the money and get the good mic and mixer w/fantom power? It seems the RS spm meter is questionable.

I am sure I will have a bunch of questions, but it is good to find you folks

Ryan

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hi Ryan and welcome to the Shack!

Definitely you will save some cash with the BFD over the SMS-1, however there are a few different features on both that have their place with different folks. Obviously we are bias towards the BFD... :R

The RS Meter is fairly accurate with the correction tables. Only if you feel like forking out the moola :spend: ... then you can get the more expensive setup, but even the ECM8000 still needs calibrating. To get super flat you'd need to spend some serious money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts