Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone on here. I didn't realize that I had never posted on here before. I'm glad to read through the policy stuff because it is too common to be on forums where people just bash each other or put others down. I hate that kind of stuff!

Anyway, I'm glad to join the community! I have been an audiophile for probably 15 years now. I recently lost my job due to cut back in and after having a hard time finding another decent one I decided to start up my own business designing high end audio equipment. Many thanks must go to Ian at Axiom because he has tons of information to share. Anthony at Aussie Amplifiers, my good friend Randy Slone and many others who over the last few years have developed my sense of quality when it comes to audio equipment.

With my business I have been focusing on speaker design for the time being. The last set of speakers I sold were tested against a set of Events (studio monitors) and all the people in the room liked my speakers better... accept for the owner of the studio monitors of course but he still warmed up to them and is now mixing on a set (something I didn't design them for). I guess you can say I've made good progress so far.

I hope to learn more from the community on what they like to hear in speakers and also be able to share my experience with the DIY crowed. I don't have anything too fancy but I have a "studio" type room and some very good test software. It will be good to get to know the regulars on here and wish me luck with my business!

K:1eye:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy cyclopsitis and welcome to the Shack!

We are glad to have ya on board... :T

Sonnie

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jayson, I had to seriously laugh out loud when I read your post! Haha, I'm use to never having money! Between school loans, business costs, all of my different hobbies, and my expensive taste I'm use to it haha.

To everyone else who has posted on my thread. Thanks for the warm welcome to this forum! I've been on several other forums and none of them have been as welcoming and filled with open minded people just willing to share the information regardless of if others agree with them or not.

It is great to be here!

·
Registered
51 Posts
welcome again ken, out of most of the forums on this subject the guys in this forum are great. Just when you thought you know audio come here and realize you know nothing.(or maybe thats just me)
Cheers jayson

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Jayson, you are definatly not alone! The more you know, the more you know you don't know! that is my saying at least!

K

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Hi Ken. Glad to have you here. Have fun, Dennis

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Ken, Welcome to the Shack!

Enjoy your stay with us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts