Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Just a quick introduction from a new member here.

I've been in the electrical/electronics field for quite a few years. Within the past 5 or so of those years, I've built a little business based on custom home theaters and whole home audio systems. Most of the work I do is located on the eastern tip of Long Island in New York. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the area, it's referred to as 'The Hamptons', and is basically a playground for the wealthier residents of Manhattan. Our typical project is 10000 to 12000 square feet, although the current project is only about 6000. In my opinion, the biggest challange in this business is schooling the client on the available technologies. They don't seem to mind spending the money, as long as they don't think that they're getting ripped off.

Today, I'm researching an infinite baffle sub for the current project. This will be my first foray into building a custom speaker for someone other than myself, but the application appears to be a perfect match; hidden speakers, motorized projection screen out of the ceiling, projector tucked into soffit, large-ish crawl space below the room, etc...

Well, I'm off to browse the forums. Thanks in advance for the great site.

-Don

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Don. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I'm interested in starting a Long Island Audio/Videophile Society. Seems like you'd have some contacts that might be interested.

I'm also builiding a moderately priced HT and might need your services. Thanks, Nic

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Yeah LI WOOHOO!
As for my personal interest in a society, I just might be. But it might depend as well. I'd be happy to discuss more of that. What're your goals and objectives? It might be worth posting more on this in other areas of the forum that focus on specific areas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts