Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from sunny NM.

I am in the process of building a HT above my garage. It is kind of small (23 long, 10 wide and 7 high) but it is all I have to work with. The children call it the "shoebox". I've almost finished the drywall. I bought SVS speakers (those cylinder subs rock!) and have an Onkyo 805. I will also be buying an Epson 1080p projector pretty soon.

I'm really happy to be here and to learn, as well as contribute!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Rancho, Welcome aboard the Shack!

Your room is actually just the right size for a home theater (a little narrow but it will do)
Enjoy your time with us.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! A reply so quickly. Thanks. I've been on other HT forums and you can wait days for anyone to say hi. Thanks a lot.

I'd like to ask a question if I may, about bass traps and sound traps, etc, for my small theater. Would you know about those things?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome Rancho! Sounds like you're gonna have a nice theater room. :T
Thanks! With all the help I've received in the Acoustics section of the forum, I'm finally understanding acoustic treatments and how to handle my small(ish) space. I think I have found a new HT home. :yay2:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kind of thin, huh? Do you have any photos so I can get some design ideas? Also, what acoustic treatments did you use?

·
Premium Member
8,367 Posts
Kind of thin, huh? Do you have any photos so I can get some design ideas? Also, what acoustic treatments did you use?
If you click on "My Photos" under my Avatar, you'll see the complete construction process..
To see the start of the construction, you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the page and work your way up..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts