Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there.
First of all, English is not my usual langue to write in, so please ignore the miss spelling as I feel there is many of them :reading:

Anyway sound have been a big hobby for me since I was kid, especially bass and subwoofers.
The first one played from 40-200hz and it was "awesome" (as a 12year old lol)

I recently bought a new house and the garage was after 3 months of working my first home cinema :)
The budget was pretty low, so I had to go with some cheap speakers.
I got a pair of XTZ 12" (best in test) , Front speakers Dynavoice (also best in test for low cost)
And I got a Dali center speaker as that one for me was important to be pretty OK.

But suddenly I got the urge for more power (remember I liked bass as a kid?) .
So I recently bought the SVS PB-13 ULTRA DSP :clap: and there was when it all started.

The sound was impressive when I first tested it at some low frequency, never in my life had I heard a sub still blowing air at 5-10HZ !!

But after playing for some time it hit me that the sound was not as it should (consider the price) , I notice there is pretty good sound below 30hz and down, but everything above that is just nothing :(

playing disco music is like you dont have a sub at all !!
It was quite a disappointment that a sub that big sounded so bad, even my cheap XTZ subs did a better job.
So I decide if I ever get one more sub there should not be SVS or anything at this price range..

When you buy cheap u usually dont care so much if it sounds bad, but when you think you buy the best there is, you do something about it when it sounds bad?

So I started to measure the DB levels at each HZ manually, and the graph is terrible.
I have now bought myself a USB-mic (that is in the mail) and downloaded REW.
I hope that with some help, and doing some readings in my room I maybe can get my sub and the rest of the speakers to sound better, and also doing some room improvements :)

Never heard about REW before 2 days ago, but after reading in this forum about it and looked into the graph it suddenly was more interesting to play music a better way than I do.

if you still reading... here is a picture of my "garage" home-cinema

Cheers
From Norway

Room Property Home cinema Interior design Electronics

Room Property Home cinema Media Electronics

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to HTS. Great looking room.:T

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Hi There
Welcome to the Home Theater Shack and you have a very nice room there, congrats.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Welcome to the Home Theater Shack. Very nice setup you have. REW should be able to help you get things sorted out with the acoustics. Your room is the number one thing that affects the sound.

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Welcome to HTS. Your room looks great!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you all :)

yes I hope that the REW can help me out :)
When I check room eq tool in rew it actually give me the same peaks that I experience now.

maybe my room is to small, but I hope that added noise canceling on the walls will help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello ,
I,m also from norway and just about to try REW , it wil be exciting to see how much more i can get out of my subs ,Hilsen fra Veggli .Your cinema room looks great too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.