Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I'm just introducing myself, I live in Nova Scotia Canada.

I have recently finished building an LCD projector and as of now I have a 5.1 surround sound system that my dad bought about 8 years ago, and it works pretty good but recently I've been thinking of trying to build a 7.1 system to go with the new projector.

I've been reading posts in the forum for almost a week now but I was just wondering if anyone could help me in finding a site or some posts that will help get me started (I actually know nothing and I couldn't find a good place to start).

Thanks in advance and I hope to be here for a while!

O yea and I was just wondering if there was somewhere that I could ask a few questions (probably very basic and been answered many times before)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ask all the questions you want! Welcome to the shack!

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hello Neil and welcome to the Shack!

If you are looking to build the speakers yourself... check out our DIY Speakers forum. If you are looking to buy a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system, check out our Home Audio Speakers forum. You can ask basic questions in either forum. :T

·
Registered
703 Posts
Hello and welcome from a fellow Canadian!

You really lucked out finding this forum. I'm sure the audio folks will have lots of answers for you.

I'm sure there would be a great deal of interest in your DIY projector experience also. What did you use for a screen?

Tiddler

·
HTS Senior Moderator
5,423 Posts
Hello Neil, Welcome to the Shack. Fire away on the questions,... lots of people around here with lots of experience and a willingness to share with others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts