Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my first short post resulted in an invitiation to introduce myself, so a second post means I'm serious about posting and should do so.

I'm a mid-50's engineer at a major corporation who hasn't built a speaker since high school because I got a pair of original Advent Loudspeakers in college and use them to this day, albeit with new woofer surrounds, and now accompained by the same vintage Smaller Advent Loudspeaker (in the living room)and Advent II's (as surrounds), all in that lovely wood-grain vinyl.

My renewed interest was driven by the need for a center channel, and my re-education began when I posted some thoughts on another forum and quickly was recalibrated to a more modern view. It seems the CC was considerably more important than I'd understood ... Now I'm in the middle of an LCR build, CC done and mains in the wood shop.

I came here for REW, to start learning the measurement side of the hobby and to tune the subwoofer that somehow became a major investment along the way. (I couldn't resist free enclosures.) I've been lurking a while, as any noob should, and it looks like you have another great resource here for the audio hobbyist. My only critique is that you lead with your zero-tolerance policy, which I have read and which I agree the owners have a right to enforce, regardless if this policy existed. I truly hope it's a management tool, not true zero tolerance, as the latter, when understood, is never just.

Have fun,
Frank

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there fbov and welcome to the Shack!

We hope you find yourself hanging with us regularly... :T

Sonnie

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello Frank, Welcome aboard!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Welcome to the forum ...:wave:

Enjoy your DIY prokects ... and don't forget to share your experiences with us :yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts