Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i am from iasi, romania, and for now i have a lighter home theater: pioneer dcs-585 coupled with lg 37lh5000.
i'd like of course to get a better home theatre, in order to take advantage of the newer hd surround options. this will probably consist of onkyo 608 receiver, wharfedale diamond 10.1 pack(5.1) and denon dbp 1611 bluray player. hopefully these will bring a big improvement in sound quality and surround options as compared to what i have right now.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Shack. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the welcome guys.
i actually was looking for the universal oppo 80 player, but for some reason it is not available in romania and they dont send it here by amazon either. so i'll have to be content with the (somewhat) less universal denon1611 (not to mention it's also more expensive than the oppo). of course i prefer for the bluray player to be able to play sacd and dvd-audio (although i'd guess the latter it's already obsolete and not to be found about anywhere).

my interests are for the moment leaned toward sacd, more precisely symphonic music recorded (or masterised) in 5.1 so i could (finally) have the feeling of an enveloping sound, as if i'm positioned within the orchestra :)
but of course that remains to be seen - if my expectations will indeed be fulfilled.

as about movies, i dont have particular preferrences, but surely those with a rich&detailed 5.1 sounding.
i have to mention that i also like video games, particulary shooters&action :) - but for now i play those at the pc, i dont see a prospect to buy a playstation to connect it to the receiver&tv any soon. i might though buy a better laptop and try for a change to see how games sound on the onkyo.
oh, and also, chances are i will replace the (intended) wharfedale pack with a monitor audio m4 5.0. any idea if i am doing the right move? do you think the wharfedales will still sound better?

the main problem here would be that my room is not quite big at all (15 square metres) so i wonder if i should stay away (as some advice me) from standfloor fronts - as the sound may become too reverberant in a bad way - and choose instead bookshelves as front speakers. is this correct, or it doesnt really matter that much?

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Hello and Welcome to HTS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts