Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found you guys while searching for help with my projection tv. I will be searching for the proper place to post my question. Glad to have found you!! Hope I have done this correctly.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hi Izzy. Don't forget to post pics of your system :innocent: so we can check it out :)

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Welcome to HTS. I lived in Chucktown right after I graduated from college and loved it. So glad you have joined us.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello, welcome to HTS! I hope you find everything you need here considering I got much of the info I needed here on the site!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have a Mitsubishi 52" rear projection tv (1080p). I'm really not very well versed in electronics, but I do believe I know a little more than my better half! :huh::huh:

We recently had a power outage and the tv screen went dark and the little green light started blinking. I unplugged the tv, believing that it would reset and start up when I plugged it back in, but that didn't happen. I let the light blink for at least half an hour and it never stopped blinking. I pressed the power button but nothing happened.

We purchased the tv in 2003. If anyone has some suggestions that I could try, I'd appreciate whatever help you might have. When we bought the tv I saw the installer push several buttons at the same time on the front of the tv but I am not sure why he did that, could there be a special set of buttons to push simultaneously or a code of some sort I could try? Wishful thinking. :help:

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Probably not a good sign Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I figure it isn't good news. We also have a second large projection tv, AKAI, I think, in our garage (given to us by a neighbor) it has a blinking light on it also. It sounds like it is turning on, but the goes off right away. I think it's time to get rid of both, but I love the Mits.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Welcome to HTS! Glad to have you here!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack, Izzy. We hope that you will become part of the HTS community and enjoy both contributing to help others and find value in what others have posted.

Look in the Mitsubishi forum in the Service and Support area for threads on the flashing LED and capacitor problems. Not an uncommon problem and often trivial for a good tech. Sometimes it is more than caps and more troubleshooting is needed. Post the model number and details in a new thread in the Mits forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.