Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this site almost a year ago after discovering it. I have been an avid reader and an occasional user of the Room EQ Wizard and other software like it (thanks for this wonderful tool BTW). Call me lazy, busy, whatever, but I have not got around to posting until this evening.

Let me tell you a little about myself. I just turned 40. I have been an audio nut since I built my first Heathkit back when I was 13. My hobby lead me into my profession as an electrical engineer. I keep audio projects as a hobby. I design board level little electronic dinkuses (modules) for automobiles to make a living.

I have always strived to make my sound system better. Be it car, home, or (gulp) portable. I'm not talking about throwing money at the problem either. I'm talking about through proper design to the best of my ability. I have built my own speakers. I have built my own amps and signal processors. I have planned, installed, and fine tuned my car system. I'm now dabbling in room correction algorithms and 2-to-multichannel upmixing. My motto: Let's make it as real as the cutting edge of technology will allow.

I have belonged to a local audio club named SMWTMS (Southeast Michigan Woofer and Tweeter Marching Society) for the past 10 years. Quite a few brilliant audio professionals and audio hobbiests belong to this club. I respect them all and have learned a ton from them. They help me fuel my personal interests. Thanks to Tom, Dave, David, Bob, and Arny...

Why haven't I posted to the forum? Well, I have overly active and hyper 2 and 3 year old boys. My wife and I both work full time. I was forced to take on two jobs to keep up with the bills due to cut backs and manditory time off (yes, the automotive job market sucks.). I get maybe 30 minutes to myself a day before I crash for the night. I haven't had time for personal play. A recent stroke of good luck (it's about time) has changed that a little and I'll have a little more free time.

So, here I am!!!:yay:

Ge0

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Glad to have you aboard Ge0,

Enjoy your stay with us at the Shack.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Ge0. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I may not be the most active member on this board but will contribute where I can.

Ge0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts