Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My HT is not as fancy as some on this forum but I enjoy it anyway. I started a new one in my basement and gave it up in favor of my living room. My main interest in joining is to become familiar with the REW software and make some audible inprovments in my not so ideal room. :dontknow:I'll be asking many questions. I hope I manage to do so in the proper areas. At present, I'm in south west Florida on a working holiday. I'll be here until early December and my wireless connection here is not very reliable.
Before I came down, I just had a chance to burn in and setup an new set of Monitor Audio Silver RX speakers. (they are out of the UK).
Cheers to all,
Ernie

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hi Ernie,

Once the lights are off, you can't see fancy. Welcome. We're very glad you're here.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi Ernie, Welcome aboard the Shack!

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Ernie, welcome to HomeTheaterShack. I actually live in Southwest Florida as well. I hope that you are enjoying your working holiday.

I am sure the prices here must be a pleasant relief. With addition to there being no VAT. Monitor Audio makes excellent speakers. Congrats.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Ernie. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
46 Posts
Welcome, I'm in the same boat as you. HT in a non dedicated, way less than ideal room but each improvement I've made still makes a big difference.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Ernie, welcome. So glad you have joined us.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rick,
I had a look at your builds. Amazing! I'd love to hear the speakers you have built. Perhaps I'll be up your way some time.
My main effort wil be on room treatment.
Cheers,
Ernie

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello,
Ernie, welcome to HomeTheaterShack. I actually live in Southwest Florida as well. I hope that you are enjoying your working holiday.

I am sure the prices here must be a pleasant relief. With addition to there being no VAT. Monitor Audio makes excellent speakers. Congrats.
Cheers,
JJ
JJ,
Sw FL is "sorta" my second home. I just love it here. I'm usually in Bonita during Nov. and March each year. (The "not so nice" months up north). My first experience with Monitor Audio was at a shop in Ft. Myers a few years ago. I believe it was Sound Advice. And yes , I do take advantage of the better pricing for the odd boat bit, or whatever.
Cheers,
Ernie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts