Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello my name is dwayne mifflin im from st thomas ontario.
im 37 years old and have been doing small home theaters ,whole home audio ,alarm systems and cctv for atleast 9 years now. i love this site and have used it alot i find it a great reference,and good for very no nonsense site .
most of the people on here are mature and have a wealth of knowledge and its great, i spend ALOT of time reading about stuff. i do have a small home theater with a denon 1609 5.1 setup . its less then ideal but still very nice sounding and id still rather stay home then go to the theater to see a movie. Im hoping in the next year or so to move at that time there will be a dedicated home theater ,until then i will work on other peoples houses to satisfy my hunger . if you have any questions for me feel free to message me and i will answer you to the best of my knowledge. on a side note before this i did car audio for 12 years and have been a pro dj for close to 20 years .so i do know audio fairly well.

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Welcome to the Shack! Glad you finally decided to join. Jump in, and share your knowledge with everyone. :T

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. :wave:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Welcome to the Home Theater Shack. You fit right in here. You already know about the wealth of knowledge. Thanks for joining in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My LCR speakers are proficient IW650 there a duel 6 inch Kevlar cone with tweeter There in wall speakers but I had to build cabs for them.
So my L C R are all the same speakers My rear left and right surrounds are audio track cheapies
But seem to do the trick. My Sub is a 10 with a 200 watt amp. When I do my next ht I will be building sono subs and different DIY stuff for the new ht.

I am looking at using REW to tune home theatres that I work on. In the past I've done most things by ear. The cars I have built systems for and tuned have won awards. But it would be nice to have REW to have a Visual as to the sound in the room.

Once again I want to thank the mods here for doing a great job and to have great site like home theatre shack to go to and talk to other people with the same interest.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts