Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd intro myself, since it does seem to be the protocol.
I'm a "middle aged +" film enthusiast, home theater lover and all around gadget freak. Got drawn into this 'habit' back in college in the late 70's, and have allowed it to take a deeper and deeper hold of me as I've aged. I got into audio/video enough in the mid 80's to spend 6 years of my life selling the stuff for 2 major (though now defunct) chains in the Atlanta area, where I managed to start amassing much of the gear I still own.
My current theater setup is based on a Pioneer Elite Pro 510HD, and supported by a B&K Ref 20 pre/pro, Perreaux PMF2150B amp, driving ADS L1290's, Harman Kardon Citation 12 Deluxe driving a pair of ADS L780/2's in the rear, and a pair of 'strapped' Marantz 500's driving a single ADS L570 as my center channel. Sources are a DirecTiVo HD DVR, Panasonic RP56 DVD player, and Xbox 360 with HD-DVD addon. Also have a Nak ZX9 cassette deck, Denon DP72 tt with Shure V15Vmr, and old Panasonic LD player (still have about 50 LD's!!!)
My bedroom system/theater is 2 channel only, centered on a Toshiba 30" CRT, with a DirecTV HR20 DVR and a Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD player for video. Speakers are Apogee Centaur Minors (always wanted a ribbon/planar speaker!:jiggy:) driven by a Belles Model one solid state amp, which is driven by a VTL 2.5 tube pre. Other sources are SOTA Comet turntable with either a Blue Point or a Sonus Gold/Blue cart, driving a self-built Bottlehead Seduction phono pre. Also use a Music Hall 2.5 CD player and a Polk XM tuner in this rig.
My workshop/garage sysem is an old Harman/Kardon 730 receiver driving a pair of ADS L500's. I use an old Panasonic portable CD player as my source for this system.
I think that pretty much sums up my addiction, and I'm obviously a huge fan of ADS speakers! In fact, the Apogees are the only ones that ever spurred me to buy anything else, and it took a tremendous deal on a used pair to do that! In fact, I have a pair of early L810 ADS's that the Apogees displaced that I'm looking for a place to use:cool:! (Some of us just have such big problems like that:bigsmile:)
Anyway, that's my story. I hope I haven't bored any of you to sleep, or caused any outbursts of envy:R with my tale. I look forward to participating here fairly regularly, and I'm glad to be here.

Thanks for reading all this.
Neil

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hello Neil and welcome to the Shack!

Sounds like you are loaded with various systems and can't get enough... no doubt you are addicted and have come to the right place... :T

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Hello Neil, Welcome to the Shack. Some nice equipment ya got there.
My garage system consists of an old Kenwood HTB-504 HTiB :( Can't complain though, it is a very respectable system for what it is. :bigsmile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts