Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just joined up here.

I spend most of my time on the AVS Forum, and some on Home Theater Spot, answering questions of DIYers. Some of them hire me for repairs and calibrations, which is what makes possible spending as much time as I spend there.

I hope to help lots of DIYers here and bring home some jobs as well, as I am a career calibrator and repair tech. Having site members initiate contact with me for paid work done for them is what makes the hours I spend on HD and HT sites possible. The rest get incredible amounts of professional grade calibration and repair information from me, for free.

Some repairs, like the resoldering op for the PS board for the Pioneer 510/610/710 series, can only be done at a professional level by someone with excellent soldering skills and preferably LOTS of experience. It is not for the beginner, and I will be hoping for lots of those, so I can save as many CRT based RPTVs as possible before they have been completely phased out.

I started a thread 2 years ago for the purpose of keeping CRT alive enititled "Don't Dump Your CRT RPTV!" at both of the sites mentioned above, and at the AVS version it's been going strong for 2 years, and passed its 100th page a couple of months ago. I invite all those here who want the best picture in their home theater, to go to that thread.

Please let me know if anything I do steps on any toes or crosses any lines, to do so is definitely not my intent! If I transgress and need to sign up for advertising instead, please let me know.

I look forward to spending many happy hours here. You can find copious examples off how I handle myself at those other sites -

Mr Bob
Image Perfection

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

Howdy there Mr Bob and welcome to the Shack!

I am sure you will be lots of help for us all and we appreciate it... :T

Sonnie

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Hi Bob. We know each other well from AVS. Welcome to the Shack. I mod the service and support section, so I'll be sure to keep you in line. :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Bob. We know each other well from AVS. Welcome to the Shack. I mod the service and support section, so I'll be sure to keep you in line. :bigsmile:
Awesome! Looking forward to that!

:wave:

It was your very thorough article on taking care of convergence problems here that drew me in, an article that as you know I have recommended over at the AVS on more than one occasion.

I kept seeing it at the AVS and while checking it out here this last time, took a look around and decided hey, I should try hanging out here, too.

So let's see how much positive damage we can do out there!

:boxer:

Hi, guys, glad to be here! Thanks for the great welcome!

:jump:

Mr Bob

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Mr Bob, I'll be one more to say welcome! I'm sure you'll find things are a little more civilized around here :)

Well, I don't hang out anywhere where things are NOT civilized, but I have seen some doozies where that does happen, in terms of flame wars. I have been known for being an infuriatingly calm influence at such places. I have even been called "5 valium Bob" in certain other circles, apart from the net...

Glad that low-rent white trash stuff that can happen at other places, doesn't happen here -

:T

B

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Where??? ... :unbelievable: ... I want to participate too :jiggy:

Welcome :wave:
Haven't had a chance to peruse your site here yet, but will soon, am sure I will find something effective to do there...

B

1 - 12 of 12 Posts