Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for taking me into your group. I was very impressed with the forum rules. I have left several forums in the past due to the rudeness of other members.

I am an avid audiophile. After two decades of trial and error I am finally satisfied with the audio quality in my listening room. Now it is time to move on to the next frontier - AV.

I am a real fan of movies and have built up a collection of over 3,000 hours of BD and DVD titles. (I know, this is a small collection, but I am running out of storage room). Because I have been concentrating my efforts on my audio system my current AV system is very modest. I have a ten year old Morel 5.1 speaker system driven by a Marantz SR5300, an OPPO 103 BD player, and a Samsung 55EH6030 TV. I used Spectracal's Calman software to adjust the picture quality.

The Morel speakers and the Marantz receiver are the weakest links in the chain. As a temporizing measure I have bypassed them with the DSPeaker HeaDSPeaker which takes the output from the OPPO 103 and via DSP processing converts the signal into 5.1/7.1 for headphones. The sound quality is excellent through either my Grado HP-1 or NAD Visio HP50 headphones. The surround sound effect is also very good except for the sound from the left and right rear speakers. This, of course, is the usual problem area for headphone simulation of surround sound.

Through this forum I am hoping to gain enough knowledge that I will be able to upgrade my AV system without making too many expensive mistakes.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome aboard....:wave:

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Welcome to the forum.:T

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
Welcome to the SHACK. :wave: