Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I don't much do "hello to board" or "here's my equipment" posts: I'm more interested in the "meat-and-potatos" of learning, teaching, and debating: but since I want to get 50posts fast to enter the contests here: "hi".

As the subject suggests: I'm in Tampa. I'm always happy to meet new local that share the interest. I've only recently (the last year) become interested in sound as an intellectual persuit. I've always loved good music and picture; but lately have really been trying to understand what makes what work and why.

I've been through a lot of speakers of late :)

Jerry

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Jerry welcome to HomeTheaterShack. I actually live 70 miles South of you. Glad you joined us and I think you will find a trove of information here about sound and vision.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Hi Jerry, welcome to the Shack! Sounds like you also deserve a "Welcome ot the addiction"... just how many speakers have you gone through?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Jerry, welcome to the Shack! Sounds like you also deserve a "Welcome ot the addiction"... just how many speakers have you gone through?
Well. In the past year I have gotten Kef Q1's, B&W DS6's, Paradigm Studio 60's (preping those to sell, they need new feet), Paradigm Sig S2's (kept those), PSB 400i (kept those), McIntosh XD-717 (not sure how sellable they are, may use them for mods), McIntosh XR-5's (currenly being repaired: but got them *cheap*), and am waiting on a custom build to finish.

And a few subwoofers.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Just so everyone knows. Jerry has a line on one of the best pairs of speakers on planet earth. When completed they will be worth a drive to hear.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Jerry. Have fun. Dennis

·
Banned
601 Posts
Hi Jerry, Welcome aboard & enjoy your stay here at The Shack. :T

* We are all in it for the same Love... and tell all your friends to join us too. :yes:

Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts